Software Engineering, Other Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Kasheesh is an all-in-one financial portfolio for consumers. We are the first-to-market digital payment platform that allows anyone to split their payments across multiple cards for online purchases. We believe in unlocking the full potential of debit and credit cards and providing our users with responsible gratification powered by analytics.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our rapidly growing engineering team. The Engineering Manager will have full ownership and a high degree of flexibility with both team management and the development lifecycle. The role is cross-functional and will work closely with Product, Customer Success, and other stakeholders.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, resources, and process required to deliver on the engineering goals. The Engineering Manager will take a hands-on role in development as needed, support project management, and oversee the operational aspects for the Kasheesh platform.
This position will be working on-site 4 days a week at our New York City office.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and building high-performing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Experience with Relational Databases and Database Design
- Familiarity with the Heroku Platform
- Familiarity with the Stripe API and Plaid API
- Passionate about creating & maintaining good principled software patterns
- You have a willingness to learn and enjoy problem solving
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that values respect amongst team members
- Bonus points: you have previous work experience in the payments space
- Manage and support a team of 4-8 engineers
- Build a healthy and inclusive culture within your team which encourages everyone to contribute and thrive
- Ensure that the engineering team adheres to established software development processes and best practices
- Coordinate with Leadership and ensure that priorities are defined and work is equitably divided, with the goal of enabling engineers to self-manage their work
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and implement processes to increase team productivity and software quality
- Implement new and effective engineering processes that emphasize quality and progress on key product initiatives
- 100% employer covered healthcare, dental and vision insurance
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO with 2 weeks minimum vacation
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Office setup budget
- Matched 401(k)
- Hybrid work model: Monday-Thursday in our beautiful Flatiron office, Fridays work from home!
- Casual dress code
More About Kasheesh:
We challenge traditional banking systems and are transparently consumer agnostic.
We look at every user as the same. We are aware that there are many outdated problems with financial institutions still requiring to deadname each individual based on laws and KYC regulations. This is why we agree that everybody who shops, regardless of their financial or social standing, should be able to establish credit and maximize rewards by spreading their purchasing power across multiple cards.
We firmly believe that regular face-to-face encounters can help us form strong bonds with our teams. We appreciate everyone's opinion and promote collaboration throughout all business units of our organization. Kasheesh prides itself on creating an all inclusive company culture dedicated to constant growth and adaptation to meet our employees' professional and personal needs.
Kasheesh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.