Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Kasheesh is an all-in-one financial portfolio for consumers. We are the first-to-market digital payment platform that allows anyone to split their payments across multiple cards for online purchases. We believe in unlocking the full potential of debit and credit cards and providing our users with responsible gratification powered by analytics.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. You will report directly to the CTO and work with Kasheesh’s product manager and other engineers to maintain and build new features for our existing customer-facing application. You will have the opportunity to work across the stack, front to back and everything in between. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality. You are passionate about building innovative, user-centric experiences in the fintech space.
This position will be on-site 4 days a week at our New York City office.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Experience with Relational Databases and Database Design
- Experience implementing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience developing user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Passionate about creating & maintaining good principled software patterns
- You have a willingness to learn and enjoy problem solving
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that values respect amongst team members
- Scale our infrastructure to support growth while maintaining performance and reliability
- Design, lead, implement and maintain our data driven applications
- Collaborate with Product, Design and other functional teams
- Participate in on-call rotations supporting Kasheesh’s data infrastructure
Nice to Have
- CSS frameworks such as Tailwind
- Startup experience building financial tools
- 100% employer covered healthcare, dental and vision insurance
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO with 2 weeks minimum vacation
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Office setup budget
- Matched 401(k)
- Hybrid work model: Monday-Thursday in our beautiful Flatiron office, Fridays work from home!
- Casual dress code
More About Kasheesh:
We challenge traditional banking systems and are transparently consumer agnostic.
We look at every user as the same. We are aware that there are many outdated problems with financial institutions still requiring to deadname each individual based on laws and KYC regulations. This is why we agree that everybody who shops, regardless of their financial or social standing, should be able to establish credit and maximize rewards by spreading their purchasing power across multiple cards.
We firmly believe that regular face-to-face encounters can help us form strong bonds with our teams. We appreciate everyone's opinion and promote collaboration throughout all business units of our organization. Kasheesh prides itself on creating an all inclusive company culture dedicated to constant growth and adaptation to meet our employees' professional and personal needs.
Kasheesh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.