Lead Data Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Kasheesh is an all-in-one financial portfolio for consumers. We are the first-to-market digital payment platform that allows anyone to split their payments across multiple cards for online purchases. We believe in unlocking the full potential of debit and credit cards and providing our users with responsible gratification powered by analytics.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. You will report to the CTO and work closely with the rest of Kasheesh’s product and engineering teams. This position is a blend of 50% backend engineer and 50% data scientist, so we are looking for someone passionate and curious about dealing with all facets of data, including designing data architecture, building and maintaining databases, and implementing basic ML models.
This position will be working on-site 4 days a week at our New York City office.
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years managing data ETL pipelines and storage systems
- Well versed in relational and non-relational databases concepts
- Ability to create project plans, scope problems, set priorities, align projects with business goals and integrate data analytics modules into products
- Experience delivering stand-alone projects to end-users and integrating modules in other software
- Relevant educational background i.e. Math, Applied Math, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Sciences, Systems Engineering/Industrial Engineering/Operations Research (IEOR), Statistics, Actuarial Science or other related fields
- Build and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Manage data science and analytics projects
- Independently execute data science and analytics tasks from end-to-end
- Set and adjust company-wide, long-term roadmap for data infrastructure efforts
- Set data verification and validation standards
- Identify, communicate with, and evaluate data / technology vendors
- Kasheesh pays 100% contribution towards Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and wellness perks - $150/month for workout classes, yoga or meditation
- Matched 401(k)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Workstation budget to personalize your in-office space
- Stocked fridge full of drinks and plenty of snacks
- Monthly team social events
- Continuous learning and growth
- Hybrid work model: Monday-Thursday in our beautiful Flatiron office, Fridays work from home!
- Casual dress code
More About Kasheesh:
We challenge traditional banking systems and are transparently consumer agnostic.
We look at every user as the same. We are aware that there are many outdated problems with financial institutions still requiring to deadname each individual based on laws and KYC regulations. This is why we agree that everybody who shops, regardless of their financial or social standing, should be able to establish credit and maximize rewards by spreading their purchasing power across multiple cards.
We firmly believe that regular face-to-face encounters can help us form strong bonds with our teams. We appreciate everyone's opinion and promote collaboration throughout all business units of our organization. Kasheesh prides itself on creating an all inclusive company culture dedicated to constant growth and adaptation to meet our employees' professional and personal needs.
Kasheesh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.