This is an amazing opportunity to learn how banks and accounting systems are built as we go to the lowest level. We offer competitive salary and equity in the company. While the role can be remote we're looking for a candidate based in North America.
Modernbanc is a full-stack financial software platform.
Today it takes up to a year and team of engineers with payments background to build a payments and financial stack for your business and 90% of the companies keep rebuilding the same non-differentiating part of their business, that if built wrong can cause a company death. Modernbanc provides reliable building blocks to build these apps fast.
We're backed by Global Founders Capital, Soma Capital, Backend Capital, Socially Financed and and a handful of amazing investors including fintech leaders and CEOs. Our founding team has built a licensed bank before for one of the world's biggest banks.
If you want to supercharge your career, make crazy impact and join a small team of ambitious and unconventional thinkers we'd love to chat.
What you'll do:
- Build real-time accounting and payments infrastructure.
- Building a blazing-fast app and high-performance backend..
- Manage and evolve our GCP & Kubernetes infrastructure..
- Do all parts of product release, from writing and testing code to updating documentation.
What we look for:
- Knows how to ship high-quality code and do it fast.
- A good eye for design and urge to ship impeccable quality products that make customers go wow.
- T-shaped people, good generalists but who mastered at least one field (e.g you're amazing at building real-time low-latency systems or unique UI experiences.)
- Works hard to hit and exceed startup goals.
- Capable of wearing many different hats.
- Former founders are welcome. No fintech experience is needed.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn from very experienced people and in addition to competitive salaries we are very generous with equity as we want you to win and grow with the company.
Node, React, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes
We know as a candidate you are also busy looking at other opportunities and promise to move quickly!
Initial 20m call with the founder.. We'll tell you about the company and hear your story and if there is a good mutual fit.Second 30m call with one of our founding engineers. We'll ask more detailed technical and scenario-based questions.Paid day with the team. You'll be given one or two small tasks that will be similar to what you'll encounter in the role.Final decisionWe take <48hrs between each stage and can give an offer within a week.