Data Solutions Manager
Standard Metrics, formerly known as Quaestor, is an automated financial collaboration platform that helps investors and founders to move faster together and make better, forward-facing decisions. We're a full-time team of product builders, investors, and optimists, rebuilding investor relations from the ground up. Standard Metrics is backed by 8VC and Spark Capital along with other leading software VCs and angels and is currently a trusted resource for many of the top venture capital firms in the world.
Come Build With Us
We're seeking an experienced Data & Analytics Manager to join our growing data practice. In this role, you will oversee projects that drive data accuracy and continuity for our customers, involving strategy and planning, data management, reporting, and data parsing. We are looking for a hands-on technical data lead who can successfully manage projects, teams, and customers, and has an eye for process and a proclivity to automate.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of data solutions reps to ensure our customers get their data quickly and accurately
- Ensure client satisfaction through consistent support, impactful thought leadership and high-quality project execution
- Understand, develop and articulate complex business challenges into actionable plans with clear and concise communication
- Proactively identify risks, issues and provide mitigation strategies
- Work to improve automation and reduce human error in data processing
- Define, monitor, and report key operational metrics for data parsing
- Create a robust documentation suite to clearly articulate data definitions while highlighting data quality gaps for inclusion in Technology and Process Improvement roadmaps
- Work with our product and Eng teams on those tools if 3rd party options are not available
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years working in consulting or in a finance data-focused role
- Experience managing and mentoring junior team members
- Eagerness to help build and lead a best-in-class data practice
- Deep knowledge of accounting and VC finance
- Experience with project planning, including tasks, budgeting, resource allocation and balancing
- Extensive experience presenting and interacting with clients
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as a deep analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to assess and implement new tools
Competitive salary: For our employees located in the USA, we aim to pay at or above the market rate of US-based tech hubs like San Francisco or NYC. For international roles, we aim to pay top of market for your country.
Health and dental insurance: We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100% in the USA. Internationally we match local health coverage for you and your family.
Flexible vacation: Take time off when you need it! We find most employees take 3-4 weeks in addition to holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust our employees to know what's best for them.
Paid parental leave: 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents in the USA. Internationally we match parental leave standards in your area.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.